Although Charleston is one of the most historic cities in the United States -many would say the most historic- her history, and that of South Carolina as a whole, is not widely known.
Did You Know?
- A vastly outnumbered, hurriedly trained and ill-equipped South Carolina militia gave America its first major victory of the American Revolutionary War
- The battle that essentially won the war for America was fought in South Carolina’s Upcountry.
- More battles were fought in South Carolina than in any other state.
- South Carolina lost more men per capita to war than any other state.
- And after the war ended, South Carolina was saddled with more war debt than any other state